Thursday, November 20, 2008

Alfredo

I went to Alfredo twice in less than a week's time. (It's not what I used to do!) Once with HG's family, once with my labmates. It is located opposite to the Spring, the same row as RHB bank. It is a corner shop lot. Although not air-conditioned, one wouldn't feel humid or hot sitting inside. In fact, the breeze is sometimes so strong that might cause you to shiver a bit. Simple and clean dining place. Let's check out the food...
Napolitana (did i spell it right?) Seafood Spaghetti. RM 20. Classic tomato tasted spaghetti with mussels, prawns and squid rings.
Beufort Alfredo Spaghetti. Scallops and prawns + spaghetti in cheese. RM 16.
Fish with herbs. RM 14.
Roasted Chicken. RM 12.
Lamb Shank. RM 22 or 24? Forgotten the actual price.

I've tasted the first two pasta in personal. The taste is good. They put in good cheese and the sauces are great. According to my friends, the roasted chicken, fish fillet and lamb shank are okay too. They marinate the meat nicely and so you could taste the spice and herbs they use. In overall, I would rate 3.5 out of 5 (a 4 for the pastas) for the taste of the food. But one thing to bear in mind is, the portion is consider relatively small if we take the price into consideration. For someone like me, with braces on, I need to order side dishes to feel 'full'. Not only me but my friends also agreed with that. I mean we understand that the prawns, mussels are expensive, but then probably they could serve us more spaghetti noodles or potatoes. And if they are willing to serve more sauces, that will certainly win their food more stars.

Anyway, what I'm saying is the food tastes above average (in fact quite ok, if you don't mind about the portion).

p/s: the pork knuckles served only on Saturdays and Sundays is a great choice too. Too bad I don't have the photo to show you. The pork leg is cooked in Germany beer. Costs RM40. Enough for 2 ladies or 1 guy with big appetite.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...