Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Discontinued Process

My right lower molar and upper canine felt very painful last night that I was so disturbed and could not have a sound sleep. I was just wondering this morning 'Is it suppose to hurt that much?' that ZP's sms came to me unexpectedly around 11++ am. (My gosh, could he read my mind?)

'Forgot to tell if the elastic bands cause too much pain please discontinue using them, I sort of jump a bit step but if too much force is applied it can caused tooth death'.

How do I know if my tooth is dead?

'Discolouration and infection. Using only canines to pull your 4 incisors create more stress. I usually move the canines until they close up with the premolars, then tie the canines, premolars and molars together to create greater strength to allow transitional movement of the incisors.'(Initially ZP wanted to do that on me too but I don't like the idea of having only 4 teeth each on the upper and lower jaws everytime I smile for 5-6 months, so he did the other way instead.)

Last night my right canine and molar quite painful that disturb my sleep. Luckily you inform me on this.

'Then discontinue using the elastics. Judging by the speed of your teeth movement, you probably have lower bone density or shorter root.'(During my latest adjustments, ZP finally could engage my lower right lateral incisor to the arch wire and the next day when I went back to him, he was surprised to see that the incisor which was so deep to the back has been pulled to the front and kinda level with the rest of my teeth.)

So I don't have to use the elastics anymore until my next visit? Because now even after I removed the power chains I still feel pain in my right canine.

'Don't worry, only if continuously using the elastics for more than 2 or 3 months applying too much force will cause tooth death. So calm down.'

And so now, I discontinued using the power chains. And it certainly feels good to be able to open my mouth as wide as I like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...