Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Recap 2013

As usual, a recap of 2013. But I'm gonna do a short one.

It has been a year in search of direction for me, both in my religion path, as well as 'career planning'. In terms of career, I'm thinking whether to continue as a postdoc after I graduate, to apply for any academic or research related post in local institutions or to switch to something else that has nothing to do with research. I still have not made up my mind, perhaps it will become clearer after my viva. In terms of religion, I think I have become clearer though still not definite yet of the path that I'll walk. But I'm grateful for the kalyana mitras that accompany me along the way.


Some of the memorable events happening include our trip to Melbourne, attending a Vipassana retreat, attending Abidharma short courses and dance performance in Sabah. The trip to Melbourne was an eye opening one. It exposes me to a more developed society.

In personal life, I have stopped dancing, after considering for long. It's a difficult decision, but I feel that life has to go on. Apart from that, I have been crafting a lot. Besides quilling, I learnt Chinese paper cutting and recently starts playing with watercolour pencils. And also, I become a member of the UK quilling guild June this year.

2013 is more like a transition year for me, from my previous well-planned routines to a lot of unknowns and uncertainties. Though not ready, I'll embrace year 2014 with an open heart.

Happy new year everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great new year X.R..! May 2014 be what ever you wish it to be..!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...