Monday, August 18, 2014

Thesis Submitted

比十月怀胎更久,经历几次和教授一来一往的修正、补充数据,终于把论文提呈上去了。接下来,就是静静地等考官批改、等答辩。愿一切顺利。
This blog is started with the intention of scribbling down my PhD journey, although in the end it ended up as a journal of my life. It is not the end of the tunnel yet but with this recent big progress I hope I'm another big step closer to the end. Yes, I've finally submitted my thesis to the examiner! I actually submitted my first draft last year to my supervisor but was required to do additional analysis to tie the story better. After two to three times of corrections, finally I was given the GREEN light to submit. Initially I planned to submit in May, hoping to make it to the convocation this year but then there's some complications with my pregnancy (Yes, I'm now counting down towards my due date in September) and it delayed my correction progress. Anyhow, I'm so glad that I managed to settle and submit it. It's actually a bit stressful to know that you have a baby coming soon and yet your thesis is still stuck in the hole. But the stress is over now. And now, I'll just wait for the examiners to do their job (it should take 2-3 months). The thesis defence will be my later worries, at least it will come only after my labour which may happen anytime soon. Till then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth labour.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...